IVEX is a startup aiming at reducing the number of traffic victims to zero by 2030. To achieve that goal we are creating software that can help to identify edge-case and critical events in AD/ADAS (Autonomous Driving / Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) vehicles, using a combination of advanced algorithms. We are an international team of 10 people working on extremely challenging and interesting technical problems that have a huge societal impact. We are looking for colleagues to join our startup company to change the world by helping in the creation of the safest AD/ADAS cars in the world. We have created a state-of-the-art software pipeline capable of analysing, searching for critical and edge-case situations in giving insights into terabytes of driving data. Our software uses different metrics to evaluate how a vehicle is driving and gives the right information to engineers working on the onboard algorithms in the vehicle. Evaluating how an AD/ADAS vehicle is driving is extremely important and challenging, since there are no accepted standards or metrics for it. In this role you will help IVEX engineers in creating new metrics that will support engineers improving the AD/ADAS software stack. Our team has robotics engineers, automotive engineers, data scientists, machine learning engineers working together to solve the most challenging problem to bring autonomous vehicles safely to the roads.What we offer:
- Relocation package to Leuven/Belgium
- Competitive salary
- Hospitalization insurance, health care plans for you and your family
- International environment with amazing and supportive colleagues
- An open-minded environment where we encourage people to give constructive criticism to make everyone better
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Work on challenging and extremely important problems, that can really change the world
- A modern agile environment (modernagile.org) - making people awesome, creating awesome results, learn and evolve rapidly
- E-bike or e-scooter for your commute to work. (Yes, we care about the environment)
You have a deep understanding of analytical methods, can work with unstructured data and have lots of creativity and curiosity. We can transform ideas into code to test your ideas.
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in modern C++ (e.g. C++11) and Python.
- Experience in Linux, Git, Docker.
- Extensive background in working with complex data
- Background and experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience in at least one of: robotics research in motion planning and control (e.g., trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, guidance, navigation and control, etc.), data analysis at scale
- Experience solving software problems using geometry and linear algebra
- Strong analytical background in control theory, vehicle modelling, mathematics
- Background in formal methods for software development and verification
- Strong software engineering skills for high integrity software/feature development