Senior Software Engineer
IVEX is a startup aiming at reducing the number of traffic victims to zero by 2030. To achieve that goal we are creating software that can guarantee safety of the decisions taken by autonomous cars, using a combination of advanced algorithms and formal methods. We are a small international team of 7 people working on extremely challenging and interesting technical problems that have a huge societal impact. We are looking for colleagues to join our young startup company to change the world by making self-driving cars safe! We need your help!
In this role you will:
- Improve our models to handle complex driving situations
- Improve our current safe decision-making algorithms
- Build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems
- Collaborate with other top engineers to create safety critical components for decision making in autonomous cars
- Implement algorithms that will run in cars around the world
What we offer:
- Relocation package to Leuven/Belgium
- Competitive salary
- Hospitalization insurance, health care plans for you and your family
- International environment with amazing and supportive colleagues
- An open-minded environment where we encourage people to give constructive criticism to make everyone better
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Work on challenging and extremely important problems, that can really change the world
- A modern agile environment (modernagile.org) - making people awesome, creating awesome results, learn and evolve rapidly
- Freedom to choose your weapons, be it Vim, Emacs, or CLion. You choose the tools that make you best
- E-bike or e-scooter for your commute to work. (Yes, we care about the environment).
- Big screen allowance
What we are looking for:
You have a deep understanding of computer science, software design, and knows about robotics and control theory. We are looking a senior automotive software developer with strong analytical and programming skills. You meet at least a few of the following:
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in the automotive sector, e.g. car OEMs, Tier1 suppliers, etc.
We’d like you to have:
- Background and experience in data structures and advanced algorithms
- Experience in at least one of: robotics research in motion planning and control (e.g., trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, probabilistic robotics, optimal control, guidance, navigation and control, etc.), data analysis at scale
- Experience solving software problems using geometry and linear algebra
- Strong analytical background in control theory, vehicle modelling, mathematics
- Background in formal methods for software development and verification
- Strong software engineering skills for high integrity software/feature development
Send us your CV and surprise us with your motivation.