Machine Learning Engineer
IVEX is a startup aiming at reducing the number of traffic victims to zero by 2030. To achieve that goal we are creating software that identify edge-case and critical events in AD/ADAS (Autonomous Driving / Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) vehicles, using a combination of advanced algorithms. We are an international team of 10 people working on extremely challenging but high rewarding technical problems that have a huge societal impact. We are looking for motivated colleagues to join our startup company and change the world by helping in the creation of the safest AD/ADAS vehicles on Earth. We need your help!In this role you will:
- Improve and build ML models to identify edge-case and critical events in large driving datasets
- Collaborate with other engineers to create machine learning models to process our vast amount of data and from our customers
- Work with large scale datasets along the machine learning development cycle, on topics such as data association, clustering, segmentation, filtering, feature engineering, training, evaluation and inference
- Build high quality and robust cutting-edge software to solve driving problems using IVEX state-of-the-art data analytics pipeline
- Develop AI systems to evaluate the driving behaviours and to asses the quality of the vehicle decisions
- Relocation package to Leuven/Belgium
- Competitive salary
- Hospitalization insurance, health care plans for you and your family
- International environment with amazing and supportive colleagues
- An open-minded environment where we encourage people to give constructive criticism to make everyone better
- Work on cutting edge technology
- Work on challenging and extremely important problems, that can really change the world
- A modern agile environment (modernagile.org) - making people awesome, creating awesome results, learn and evolve rapidly
- Freedom to choose your tools, be it Vim, Emacs, or CLion. You choose the tools that make you best
- E-bike or e-scooter for your commute to work.
You have a deep understanding of computer science, software design, and knows about robotics and control theory. We are looking a senior automotive software developer with strong analytical and programming skills. You meet at least a few of the following:
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- You are passionate about ML, to solve engineering and research challenges, especially in the space of Automated Driving.
- You have experience in Python and Machine Learning/Data Science packages (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Pandas, Seaborn, etc.)
- You have experience and knowledge in one or more of the following fields: machine learning, Deep Learning Models (e.g. RNN/LSTM, CNN, VAE, GAN, etc.), data mining, anomaly detection, clustering, causal inference, feature engineering
- You have experience in software development tools: Linux, Git, Docker.
- You are a reliable team-player. You like to think big and go deeper. You care about openness and delivering with integrity.
- Experience in modern C++ is a big plus.
- Experience in SQL/PostgresSQL is a big plus.